Well, here it is. The lyrics to the song The Sounds of Beanie. Things you must know before reading this and getting the "full effect." Bean/Beanie is my dear friend from work - well - we MET at work. She's an avid blogger, however over the past week, she sort of drifted away from Blogger-land and left me in despair. I look forward to her Blogs and each day I didn't see one, I was saddened. I mean, who doesn't have time to blog? So what if she has four children, a house to take care of, store to run, husband to run.. er I mean, help, and basically try to keep sanity for each new day.... LOL! And in turn is EXACTLY why times call for a "break" on PC land :) So, in missing her wonderful day-t0-day "blessings," I wrote this song for her. Remember, sing it to the tune of The Sounds of Silence:
Hello beanie, my old friend.
It's time to meet up once again....
You have drifted far away from me.....
Don't you see that I will cry for thee.......
And the daytime, how it passes by so slow
How very slow.
Without the sounds........ of beanie....
In restless days I'm leaving home...
The blogs from you, they're left alone.
'Neath the halo of the great beanie,
How I think and wonder, does she miss me........?
When my eyes, were stabbed by an empty blog
I hear a frog
In search of..... the beanie.
And in the naked blog I saw
Nothing written, left in awe....
No blogging or a comment left.
People thinking 'is this punishment?'
Lack of posts, that the blogger never shared,
But we still care
And must disturb..... the beanie.
Friends of Sunshyn gathered 'round
The tomb of empty blog was found
People left their words of gray sorrow
Thoughts of posts 'will they arrive tomorrow ?'
But the words fell, like silent cries of hope.
Did she elope?
Into the mind........ of beanie.....
So now I go in peace to find
Another way to pass the time.
Posts of light, oh will they come to me?
The rays of smiles that come from Bean.
That will fill me, gazing at the pics of life,
The serene life
Of the world.......of beanie.....
Words by: Simon and Garlyssypoofunkel
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
I feel so loved!!!
But I have to admit that my very favorite part is where you call yourself: Garlyssypoofunkle!
oh lyss, i so totally enjoy this song. you are a creative little one! and p.s. i'm going to link you on my blog. i hope you don't mind! :)
oh no! I don't mind at all! I feel speeshul now!!!! Thanks!
Post a Comment