Thursday, April 24, 2008

Is there a Drought?

Despite the rain that's been falling, I can't help but be overwhelmed with the "drought" of emails today. Let me tell you a little bit about my day - I LIVE for email - and I mean LIVE for it. (that's my whole day's work if you're wondering...)
I also very much enjoy "instant email chats." And today, well, it's almost as if the world has rebelled against me and everyone has thrown away their PC's. What did I DO before email? Usually, by this time of day, I've received well over 20 or so emails (and we're talkin' my non-work email account) and maybe about 200 lines of "chatting."

Today.... I have received 2 STINKIN' emails. 2. It is an OUTRAGE! Do people not KNOW the effects this has on me? Do they not KNOW I cannot BREATHE without getting constant emails of hello's and what up's and breaking news?

As a result, I'm sulking in my own pity-party atmosphere, blogging about my empty email world. It's a sad place and if time wasn't going slow enough as it is, it has now pretty much came to a halt. There are only 3 people in the office today which means it's EXTRA quiet and not receiving emails or chats to make me laugh and re-live times of my dorkism, is EXCRUCIATINGLY painful to my well-being.

Perhaps it's why I'm having chest pains.... (I refuse to believe it's because I'm getting old.)

3 comments:

Jolene said...

sorry!!! don't know what the rest of your buddies were doing but i was up at angie's helping her paint. AND i'm doing it to you again today... on my way up towards Pierz to see my cousin. wish me luck - it's me and the littlest kiddos. yikes! :)

SteelerWife said...

Good luck beanie!!!! Try giving the kids some NyQuil. That oughta knock 'em out for a while. LOL!

angie said...

i am this exact same way. so sorry for your time of loneliness.