Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Old Poem

This is an poem I wrote about 2-3 years ago. I read it every now and then because the situation I'm in CONSTANTLY calls for it!
It is to be read like a Dr. Seuss story.
WARNING: One "vulgar" word is contained in this poem, however marked by ****. You can figure it out.

Time Always Stops

Why does time stop?
I do not know why time stops.
Is it because you work all day?
Is it because there’s no time for play?
Maybe the clock has somehow broke down
Maybe it’s more fun, in Minneapolis, downtown.
Time may be different everywhere but here
Maybe it’s because we’re in our own little sphere.
You have no work at all, you wish for a lot
When the clock chooses to sit, in one little spot!
Maybe it’s stuck, perhaps needs a jolt?
Or perhaps it could be fixed with a wrench and a bolt!
I sit here and stare and wonder "why me?"
Did I do something wrong? It is something I don’t see?
Perhaps it’s the pop I had, or maybe the tea?
Perhaps it’s a plot all planned against me?
But if I get up and come back to sit,
I find myself mumbling, "it's the same ol' ****!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, you should put OUR poem up on here! LOL!

Jolene said...

ha ha! love it!

frame it and hang it on each cube there ;)

angie said...

HAHAH you are brilliant!