Monday, April 14, 2008

The Parking Ticket That Never Was

So many would think that getting a check in the mail for your taxes, was ALWAYS a happy moment. Well, for me and the hubby, not so much. We received our tax check from the state but noticed there was an extra chunk of money subtracted and we thought, well what the heck!? So the hubby calls on it this morning, - - a p p a r e n t l y he had a parking ticket that was never paid... FROM 2005!!!!!!!!!!! He thinks someone may have taken the ticket off his window so he never even knew he had one. (cuz he assured me, he's always been good about paying them) - maybe I should look into this more? LOL! Nah - but so yeah, how ANNOYING is this? 3 years ago and they're FINALLY getting him for it? Sort of cracks me up in a sense, but in another sense, may the person who took the ticket off his window, have a nice chunk of THEIR money taken as well. Then we'll call it even.

A remark about a scene my hubby witnessed this morning: "You know you're having a bad morning when you get pulled over on the way to work and receive a breathalyzer. "

4 comments:

Jolene said...

OH NO!!!!!

good thing he wasn't subpoeaned for jail or something. yeah. i have no idea if they really do that stuff but still! yikes! i would have freaked out.

and jeff - why so many tickets anyway??? how does that happen? maybe it's more common than i realize.

SteelerWife said...

I think his ticket paying references are speaking to when he was in college. Parking on Duluth streets is VERY tricky to NOT get a ticket! LOL! I've had a couple myself from parking up there :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, Duluth was another story! I probably still have 20 unpaid tickets up there.

On the otherhand, I agree with Beanie, I am just glad I haven't been pulled over for 3 years because they probably would have thrown me in the slammer for that stupid ticket!

I'm a lucky little speedster, I guess :)

Kelli said...

Could be worse...you could be wrting a check to Uncle Sam.....imagine your monthly mortgage payment.... now multiply that by 6...what do you get???.... Anderson's check to IRS. BLAH!!!! So at least you got money back! LOL!