Thursday, April 10, 2008

Synthesizers Rock!

My morning so far, despite the horrible traffic on the way in, was TOTALLY "healed" by the melodic sounds of Jack FM and the song, Easy Lover. Oh. My. Gosh. I love that song and have not heard it in ages! (p.s. You know you're old when you use "ages" in that respect.)

I turned up the volume and forgot about the traffic! Phil Collins was one of my favorite singers from the 80's. So what if his song "Studio" makes no sense according to music critics, I STILL love him! So as I was soakin' up the music and having many flashbacks of my awesome childhood.....playing legos, watching cartoons and eating oreo cookies, admiring my pillow person, and pretty much not having a care in the world..... I realized, "who's the guy singing those high-pitched notes? That ain't Phil Collins!" - it's funny how you never notice particulars about a song, until you're older and more "focused" and realize - hey, what's this? So I went on the internet and found out the "girly-like" vocals were sung by a man named Philip Bailey. Not that I don't like his vocals - it's that I just love everything about that stinkin' song! LOL!

Listening to 80's music IMMEDIATELY takes me back and there is nothing else in the world, that makes me feel like that. My childhood was so FUN and knowing that music on a radio station today, can do that for me, completely and utterly ROX!!!!!!

3 comments:

angie said...

awww, pillow people!! love it.

Jolene said...

I was just talking about the 80s with my cousin this morning. We're waiting for leg warmers :)

I don't think I know these songs - or maybe I do and just don't know the names. I may have to do some investigating myself :)

angie said...

jolene! check target for the leg warmers. i'm afraid you're about to miss them (again).