I haven't had time to blog until now, ridiculous I know. But I HAVE to mention what a great weekend I had. (pics will post later tonight)
Friday: well, maybe I shouldn't start with Friday. I mean, it was a NICE night, that's for sure, but I pretty much fell asleep by 8:00 or 8:30! Drug myself up the stairs around 10:30 and continued on with my slumber. (is this what happens when you're old?)
Saturday: Woke up around 8am ( I believe that's a record for a Saturday 'volunteer' wake-up) and I got ready to head up north to Cambridge for a horse show that my goddaughter was in. Aside from the weather being completely DUMB, I still had a great time visiting with my pal Kate-O, her daughters and her parents - our other friend "Queen to 1" also came up to watch. I had such a blast up there! Just watching everything and all the horses, soaking up that lifestyle, dodging ginormous piles of horse poo, petting the horses, watching my goddaughter's face light up because her horse decided it finally wanted to trot! ha! It was such a great time! Not to mention, spending quality time with friends :) Left the show around 2:30, stopped at my friend's place (who's helping me with photography), learned some quick tips, filled the brain a little, then headed back home to meet with the hubby. We then had a nice quiet dinner, watched Cast Away (he hadn't seen it yet) and were in bed, once again, by about 10:30 or 11 . (yup, it's confirmed, we're old)
Sunday: Got up around 8:30am and got ready to make our 'Round the World tour to visit the moms. First drove down to the Maple Plain area to visit the hubby's parents, then zoomed back up to St. Paul to visit with the step-family and celebrate the step-mom, then zoomed over to my mom's place over east to celebrate her mom-dom, and she had surprised ME by making my most favorite dessert, Striped Delight! -chocolate Pudding, cool whip, graham cracker crust, cream cheese, oh yes - doesn't get any better than that!
And Finally we arrived back home around 8:30 to wind down. It was a GREAT weekend, even if I spent time sniffing horse poo, avoiding the splash of a horse's waterfall of a urine release, ate a little dirt blowing in the wind, and broke the pockets on gas - IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
That does sound like a nice weekend. You got to leave before the heavier rainfall! and I never did get to see Kiley in any events, but you're right, it was fun just hanging out.
Post a Comment