Wednesday, June 4, 2008

1,2,3, FLOOR!

I'm realizing that my tumble to the floor on Sunday night, has taken a bigger toll than I thought! For those that don't know the story (cuz I think I told maybe 3 people), the hubby was watching the Movie Awards and Johnny Depp was on. So he yells up to me, "hey! Johnny Depp's on and you'll want to come see!" So I got up from the computer and headed downstairs. Galloping down them as I always do. Except this time, a step had duplicated itself. Here I was, on the 2nd to last step when I thought I was on the LAST one. And DOWN I WENT! Of course landing on my bad ankle that I swear has never healed. The hubby tried his best not to laugh at me but couldn't contain himself from making a joke out of it. I was sort of chuckling to myself too while tears started to well up! He says, "Well gee hun... I didn't know you were THAT excited to see him!" I laugh just thinking about it and what look I must have had on my face as I realized I wasn't to the bottom yet! LOL!

So today, and yesterday too, I noticed that not only is my left ankle sore, but my right one is pretty bad too. In the tangled mess I had myself in, I must have also put a lot of pressure on my right ankle to try to stop my face plant into the carpet.

However... I failed.

I'm going out this evening to purchase a lark.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, you are a woman of grace, and fell so elegantly to your face.

LOL. It was funny, when I knew you were ok :)

angie said...

at least you fall DOWN the stairs. i should be so lucky.
here's hoping your ankle(s) heal quickly!

SteelerWife said...

LOL! I was thinking about you Angie when I was writing it because I remember your blog about falling up the stairs!! Secretly, it was my tribute to YOU! and Bean too, she's fell before, in a hallway, with black boots, holding lunch. Yup, you remember Bean don'tchya!? LOL!!!!! luv u!

Jolene said...

shut up. i was feeling sorry for you and then i read your comment. now, all i have to say is: "HA!" too bad i wasn't there to see it... ;)