With the kitties banned from the bedroom at night (for a while anyway), the hubby and I were able to get some good sleep, even if we didn't go to bed until midnight. (had volleyball at 9:30pm and then stayed for a beer with some friends) I slept solid from midnight, to 5am. And although I'm pretty sure I could have slept for another 5 hours, it felt good to get solid sleep! My initial plan was to get up at 5:30 to shower and then I thought, oh just 10 more minutes!!! I'll shower when I get home!!! Who do I have to impress right? So woke up at 5:40ish and rethought my decision - UGH! I HAVE to take a shower! And being that I was going to take the bus, I knew I had to hurry up and get in there! So I showered with speed, and got ready to go, fed the cats, changed the litter box, was going for my soup in the cupboard when I noticed my wedding ring wasn't on my finger! I swear I put it on! So I started panicking and looking all over the house! and I remembered I had SLIGHTLY put it on my finger (didn't get it past my knuckle) believing that I had pushed it all the way when I didn't! I walked back upstairs, searched the floor, searched the bedroom, searched the drawer I was digging in for a t-shirt, I looked at each stair as I went back downstairs, examined the living room carpet, took everything out of my gym bag because I threw my t-shirt in there - maybe it fell in with it? Nope, wasn't there. Checked the outside pockets of my work bag. Not there. And in the midst of my raging panic and feeling like the world's biggest MORON, I looked at the clock and noticed that making the bus was NOT going to happen. ugh! another day of driving in! oh well - had to find the ring! So zoomed upstairs to wake up the hubby and he got up to help me look. It then clicked! I had put some stuff in my little wallet purse and there it was :) next to the hair binders. All was well, I could breathe again. But now I had more time to kill because I didn't have to leave the house for about 15 minutes. As I looked at the coffee table....I noticed that a certain little kitty had some fun. We had left two glasses of water out and one of them was spilled all over the table. ugh! So wiped it up and was relieved to see it was a good quality wood - no bubbling! whew! Wrote out some bills. Then remembered I was out of creamer at work for coffee and I had $1 to buy coffee. $1. Scrounged up some change and had enough for a Venti (or as the laymen calls it, a large) woohoo! good. 'Nuff for coffee. And NOW I'm broke. Anyway - continued my way out the door. Ended up RACING into work because I had doddled too much and was now running behind! And what do you FLIPPEN know....... A TRAIN! OF COURSE! why WOULDN'T there be a train today! I'm telling you people.. I've seen a train on these tracks MAYBE 5 times since living in the area for 4 years! And of course, TODAY was a day that it HAD TO COME THROUGH TOWN! As I sat there about to lose it (and sweating about what time it was- eek!) the train was done! whew! Finished zooming into work, feeling good that I found my ring and I was able to have coffee! go me!
As I whip into the parking lot and grab my work bag, I noticed that in the craziness of the morning in looking for my ring... I had forgotten to go back and grab that darn can of SOUP!
And with my $2.00 I found to buy my coffee... I have no money left and shall find myself begging the streets for lunch money.
I have a feeling my day is only going to get more interesting.
9 comments:
oh my gosh lyss. just reading this has me exhausted!!! i hope one of your dear work friens will shill out $5 for you to find some subway for lunch. or something. sigh. good luck.
I look at it as... a new DIET PLAN! LOL!
New plan for you:
No going out on weeknights
Have Husband pack lunch
WAKE UP ON TIME
Add caffeine to your diet
Start prostituting again
I just had an anxiety attack reading your blog...thanks a lot! HA!
glad you found the ring. YIKES! lunch is way less important than some pieces of jewelry.
need me to bring you some left over spaghetti? ;)
LOL! I have such encouraging supportive friends :)
I have to say this and can b/c you're family...but you are retarded! LOL!
BTW I told Jamie about your "random" note and she was cracking up!
P.S
You are a MEAN mommy!! Banning your children from sleeping with you for your own selfish reason...naughty naught!!!
They'll get over it. Need to keep my SANITY!
Post a Comment