Monday, June 23, 2008

Bored? Write a song!

For some odd reason, I've had a very old country song in my head all morning. I couldn't tell you what made me think of it, but it's definitely stickin'! Anyone remember this one?
-
Countin' flowers on the wall
That don't bother me at all.
Playin' solitaire till dawn, with a deck of 51.
Smoking cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo
Now don't tell me, I have nothin' to do.
Compliments of the Statler Brothers
-
Good grief Charlie Brown! Who-da-thunk my repetitive brain record would be stuck on this song from the 1960's? (NO I didn't know that off the top of my head!!!! I looked it up)
I swear.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

so if one DID know that song off the top of one's head... would that make them really weird?

now please don't give a thought to me i'm really doing fine. while you and your friends are worrying 'bout me i'm having quite a time counting flowers on the wall....

SteelerWife said...

not at all! I was more pertaining to the "year" that the song came out, not necessarily the words to the song since I could sing quite a bit of it myself. Weird. But had no clue when that song came out. Remember seeing a video for it though and it was B&W so that was a good HINT to my memory that it was before my time. LOL!

angie said...

i get that song in my head ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! i'm not kidding! weird.