June 5th through the 9th, four of us girls went on a road trip to Nashville. We stopped on the way a LOT, either because of a weird little cheese stand, or there was some strange roadside attraction. The below being 2 of the them I managed to capture.
We arrived in Nashville around 2:30 ish? We stayed just across the way from the Opry Mills (where the Grand ol' Opry is) and the fantastic mall too! Guess there used to be an amusement park type deal but they tore it down and built the mall instead. We shopped and shopped and shopped. Even saw Julie Roberts, she sings, "Break Down Here". Cute gal :)
We spent the nights in downtown Nashville and of course, hit up the COYOTE UGLY bar! Great times were had here - and some strange and yet odd times. I didn't take my camera out since it's too clunky so my friends took all the incriminating pics. hee hee! But it was a great time had by all for sure!!!!! Here are some pics from a bar we stopped at to ride the bull! (Even though it wasn't 'on,' we still pretended we were mastering the moves!)
(Kate-O, for some reason, your pic didn't load. I shall fix tonight!)
p.s. Going to Coyote Ugly on Friday night definitely made for a crappy Saturday morning. Could barely enjoy breakfast and spent a lot of time "ridding the evil" in my body that my stomach did NOT like. Too many shots. Again... good times, good times.
Spent some time by the pool and continued our adventures around the area. Even spent some time in downtown during the day on Sunday at the Country Music Hall of Fame and walked around outside where there were a ton of fun things going on. Different booths with free items. And not to mention, the day came with 95+ DEGREES OF HEAT! OH my gosh it was terrible! We watched a dog show where they had to leap into a pool and grab the duck. I almost put a number on and signed up. Would have put an ice cream cone at the end of the pool though. Not much one for duck.
Headed back up sunday night, stayed over night in Rockford, IL and were back home around 2:30 on Monday. I fell asleep at 7:30 that night.
I would recommend a road trip to everyone. Even though I dreaded the thought of driving 14 hours to get there, it didn't feel that long at all.
Also, I couldn't help myself but to take a pic of these old people on the bench outside of the Opry, and think to myself if they were a couple or not?
"ugh, do you ever stop farting Henry?"

And these were in Wisconsin... as if I had to say that? ha!
So we continued our way to Kenosha, WI to hit up the outlet mall! Wow! Great shopping! I suggest everyone go to this outlet mall. It's Ginormous! Got a cute little Coach purse for $40! Perfect for spring! We then continued our way down, amusing ourselves with goofy pictures.
Went through Chicago - The road construction was unbelievable and with the rush hour on top of it.... yeah..... we were ready to scream! We drove and drove and finally stopped in Merrillville, IN for some dinner at none other than - HOOTERS. Good times, good times.
Continued on, and spent the night just outside of Indianapolis. Started our trek in the morning after some breakfast at the Waffle House (I think this was on our way down, I can't remember!) I know we went there. So there. It was on Lovers Ln. Tacky or cute - can't tell.We arrived in Nashville around 2:30 ish? We stayed just across the way from the Opry Mills (where the Grand ol' Opry is) and the fantastic mall too! Guess there used to be an amusement park type deal but they tore it down and built the mall instead. We shopped and shopped and shopped. Even saw Julie Roberts, she sings, "Break Down Here". Cute gal :)
We spent the nights in downtown Nashville and of course, hit up the COYOTE UGLY bar! Great times were had here - and some strange and yet odd times. I didn't take my camera out since it's too clunky so my friends took all the incriminating pics. hee hee! But it was a great time had by all for sure!!!!! Here are some pics from a bar we stopped at to ride the bull! (Even though it wasn't 'on,' we still pretended we were mastering the moves!)p.s. Going to Coyote Ugly on Friday night definitely made for a crappy Saturday morning. Could barely enjoy breakfast and spent a lot of time "ridding the evil" in my body that my stomach did NOT like. Too many shots. Again... good times, good times.
Spent some time by the pool and continued our adventures around the area. Even spent some time in downtown during the day on Sunday at the Country Music Hall of Fame and walked around outside where there were a ton of fun things going on. Different booths with free items. And not to mention, the day came with 95+ DEGREES OF HEAT! OH my gosh it was terrible! We watched a dog show where they had to leap into a pool and grab the duck. I almost put a number on and signed up. Would have put an ice cream cone at the end of the pool though. Not much one for duck.
Headed back up sunday night, stayed over night in Rockford, IL and were back home around 2:30 on Monday. I fell asleep at 7:30 that night.
I would recommend a road trip to everyone. Even though I dreaded the thought of driving 14 hours to get there, it didn't feel that long at all.
Also, I couldn't help myself but to take a pic of these old people on the bench outside of the Opry, and think to myself if they were a couple or not?
"ugh, do you ever stop farting Henry?"
I love old people.
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
yaaay lyss! thank you for finally posting this. :) it sounds like you guys had such a fun time! it has me dreaming of future roadtrips myself ....
ah...good times.
can you remember what we were laughing so hard about on the way home through Sconi? I remember almost wetting myself...but not WHY.
God bless girlfriends, road trips, and the wind in the hair feeling! Looks like you all had a great time - how cool!
Post a Comment