Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Perfect Timing Celine

This morning I was alone, by my very self, on the bus into work. My bus pal (with the matching lunch box) had adjusted hours for today so she wasn't at the bus. When I glanced over the parking lot without seeing the little Saturn, I realized, "today's the test! today is the day I ride ALONE!" (kinda like a western, no?)
Usually Jude and I sit together. Figured maybe today I'd be meeting someone since it usually gets pretty packed at the last stop. Well, before I knew it, another gal sat right next to me and started knitting. I chuckled to myself a bit but thought, "well, if you have the time, get it done!" Due to my shyness, I just sat and glanced out my window the entire way in. And I made it. Yup. I remembered to get off the bus. LOL!

Jude was here when I got in and I was giving her a hard time telling her how alone I was. ha!
At which time Jude and I both started to crack up. She then goes, "Like the song by Celine, ALL BY MYSELF."
-
It was at this time that I thought about how many times I've looked out the window and thought, "if I was in a movie right now, what song would be playing in the background?" (don't lie, I know you think about it) And this morning, All By Myself would have been PRIME! Can't you just see it? The camera zooming in on my faint reflection in the bus window as I looked out at the fields we pass with Celine screaming All By Myself in the background, while the narrator would voice my thoughts....
-
"I'll never let go Jack..... I'll never let go.."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(in a british accent)
Nerd alert!
LOL

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My song is Dr. Feelgood in the morning, but as soon as I get to work there is a slow fade into Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowe..Once I leave the office my song You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones.

Just a day in the musical life, and probably more than you wanted to know.

Jolene said...

you're cute.

i've thought about trying to track all thedifferentsongs that go through myhead each day but it seems like an awful lot of work. could prove to be interesting tho!