In other words, the hubby and I have a horrible case of chigger bites! And my gosh, my legs have NEVER itched so incredibly bad! Walking, is punishment because my pants rub up against my skin. Especially behind my knees - it's the worst!!!!!
In the last few days, I've done a TON of research regarding these little snots and what exactly HAPPENS when they "bite" you. I've heard many things:
-They burrow into your skin
-They dig a hole and lay eggs
-They live in your skin WITH their young
*yup*
Gross.
And because I just KNOW you're so interested in knowing how these creepy crawlers work, I'm going to tell you. According to the world wide web of misinformation, I found out that the little larvae (don'tchya just love that word?) actually cling onto you and in order to "grow big and tall like dad," they go for a hair follicle or pore and excrete some sort of enzyme to dissolve the protein in our skin. (Makes ya wanna burger don't it?) And that my friends, is what makes you itch. If you happen to wash off your legs fast enough, you wash them right off and then you just have to deal with their bite. However, if you DON'T wash them off (because you're unaware of them at all), they can "feed" up to 4 days. (barf)
So, for the last few days, Jeff and I have been covering our bites in clear nail polish and lathering up GoldBond Itch Cream!
-
IT'S FREAKING TORTURE! The itch is just insane!!
Cry with me please!
-
OH yeah, here's a pic of one of my shexy legs. The other one looks the same so I'll spare my readers of only viewing one ginormous leg.
RSS Feed (xml)
5 comments:
oh my gosh!!! lyss, that sounds just miserable. how long before the suckers die off? jerks. i hate them for you.
lol! yeah, they're jerks all right! Not sure how long they last. (the bugs themselves IF, they're even on me still) But I can't imagine they'd live too long without oxygen because I've been smoothering them in nail polish. they're probably dead by now, but I know the bites themselves will probably last 2 weeks or so :(
oh man. 2 weeks is MORE than enough. :( so sorry.
POOOOOR Lyssa:( I hope it starts to get better soon. How many days has it been since you were attacked?
~sm
Hey Barb!!!
OH MAN, you should see my legs now! The bites have all blistered!
Lets see, the last attack was on Sunday I believe so the WORST days (per the internet) are #2 and #3. Lucky for me, it's day 3. ha! GoldBond is my FRIEND!
Post a Comment