Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Seriously

I'm the next big thing on America's Funniest Home Videos - I just know it! It's just a matter of time before I make it.
To set the scene for my proposed future career on television..... My bus pal Jude and I, met a new little bus rider who has now, joined our venture in being the last stop on the bus route. She just finished college and she's working with the Salvation Army doing summer camp events for kids of all ages. We talk the entire walk to our buildings picking her 'newly educated' brain to keep it interesting. And thank goodness I have Jude to walk with because I am NOT a good candidate for keeping conversations going! I was born a listener :)
Anyway, so I'm turning to my left as I'm talking to our fellow walker and with maybe 2 steps to go, I finally look forward and IMMEDIATELY, smack in front of my face (seriously, I'm pretty sure my nose touched it) was this ginormous metal electrical box! I about BIT IT! Luckily for my stealth-like moves, I was able to dodge it.
I was laughing so hard just IMAGINING if I wouldn't have looked straight head. I would have dove head first.. creating a show for the morning rush hour driving nearby.
Which would have started out the best Tuesday ever.
I mean really, who doesn't enjoy a good concussion and walleye vision every now and then.
It spices things up.

3 comments:

angie said...

lyss, maybe you could be a candidate for "best week ever!" i mean, if you keep this up for the next three days, it could be one of the most interesting workweeks to date. :)

Jolene said...

oh my gosh you know how to make a person laugh!

perhaps a seeing-eye dog could be helpful to you. i bet it would even know the difference between the printer and the microwave :)

SteelerWife said...

LOL!!! You so funny! No really - you are. ha! Yes, I know SOMETHING OUT THERE could help me decipher between technological advancements of today. Maybe even tell me the secret of how to enjoy breakfast in a cubicle.