I have two songs stuck in my head. 1) One of the songs from the Wizard of Oz. I can't even tell you how it goes because I don't know the words. I just know the tune and it's sang in a really high/soft pitch. happy sounding. probably sang by the munchkins.
2) I Am The Walrus by the Beatles.
The Wizard of Oz song is just plain weird as to why it's in my head, but as for I Am The Walrus, I heard this song at a karaoke bar this past weekend. Now.... I DO know this song is weird as are a lot of the Beatles' songs, however seeing it at the karaoke bar with the words up on the screen, only confirmed to me that ... well.. lets just take a look at some of the words shall we?
"Sitting on a cornflake" - by FAR my favorite
"Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye." *insert puking noise*
"Crabalocker fishwife" - I'm afraid to know what this is
"Expert, textpert choking smokers" - did the Beatles know all along about texting??????
-
So you see class... what we've learned today is why some of our parents dislike the music today. Let me break it down for you:
Our generation's music is straight up, to the point, doesn't beat around the bush or cut corners. It's blunt, yes sometimes offensive, but you know what they're talking about.
Our parent's generation of music, required DECODER RINGS. I can see them now spinning the dial to figure out what "sitting on a cornflake" meant - only to discover it stands for "be sure to drink your ovaltine." (if you haven't seen A Christmas Story, disregard this)
Lesson:
Our parents don't like our music because they had to actually WORK to understand theirs.
**no offense to any parents reading this - ha!
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
you might be on to something here!
goo goo ga joob! i am the walrus, too! heheh i LOVE that song. nice take.
aren't you back yet???
Post a Comment