Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mom's are the best!

With today's technological word and dependent need on computers, cell phones, etc..... It never fails for me to get a good chuckle when my mom calls with a technical issue on her PC. Now yes, I DO have SOME sort of a 'technical background' but my smarts only go so far. (meaning, I've had NO schooling for it)
This morning she calls me and has my uncle monkeying around on her computer. They were trying to take off her McAfee Security Program and install a newer version. As soon as my uncle starts to say, "so there's all these things about firewalls...etc etc that I need to check off...Do you know which ones I need to check?" I think to myself, "oh crap. Do I really have any clue as to what he just said to me?" Although I would love to have the answers to this 'foreign language,' I had to sadly tell him that my knowledge of PC's is not THAT sufficient!
But like any other good little tech support wannabe, I directed her/my uncle to my brother who is an actual TECH SUPPORT PERSON. (I think it's just that I'm easier to get a hold of - ha!)
After the good laugh we had once realizing I wasn't The Genie in the Bottle, I couldn't help but still appreciate the faith and be flattered by the confidence my mom has in me to have the answers to this stuff. She's so cute!
Now... if you have questions about editing pictures......... I'M YOUR WOMAN!
Mom hasn't embarked on that adventure yet though. BUT...........
She's recently figured out how to download pics off her camera.
And she also received her first 'real cell phone' this past week.
-
You've come a long way mom.......... WE'RE ALL PROUD OF YOU!
*kisses!*

1 comment:

Jolene said...

LOL! I feel your pain - I get these questions from people all the time and I just have to remind them - I'm really good at the software I use, but that's about where it ends! Sorrrrrrryyyy... I guess some people just think a computer is a computer is a computer. We'll learn 'em though, one request at a time...

Congrats, Dianne on the camera thing! That's a happy venture :)