Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lyssie's Big Adventure

This past weekend was a crazy one.
However started off with a friday night, date night with the hubby. We met for dinner at our favorite place, Rudy's Red-Eye Grill. Mmm.... I could live there.
Saturday morning I got up early to head down to my god-daughter's horse show at the Fair Grounds. Here are a couple of the kids competing:

It was fun trying to capture this stuff! However a little difficult because it was so dark in that arena! We walked ALL DAY LONG! wow - never knew that'd be such great exercise! I ended up staying until about 7pm and decided to head home to start editing all the pics I took! Fun times!!! Woke up early sunday morning at 6am to take the hubby to the airport (flying to dallas for work) by 7:30. Decided to just head BACK to the horse show since I was told they'd all be awake pretty early practicing. Well, my god-daughter would be up practicing with her horse Hawk :)

Here's a shot of her and Hawk as they darted out for the next round!

Sorry for the dark pic, but it's the best I could do!
I ended up leaving the horse show around noon when it was over and headed over to a "client's" house to take pictures of her dog. It was so fun!
Then headed home around 1:30 and worked on my other job until the wee hours.
I spent my time thinking about all the horses and people that are really into this stuff and how having a horse is a HUGE responsibility! My my those things are work! But I was able to see a lot of things I've never seen before, including giving a horse a bath. ha!
So thanks Kiles.... for giving "auntie lysso" a great weekend full of excitement, good food, funky smells and horse poo


Isn't she cute!?

4 comments:

Jolene said...

i love the treatment you used - the tones are beautiful and i think they show off the horses (and kids) just beautifully.

and yes, Kiley is such a doll. Katy and Keith must be so proud of her - look at how devoted she is. A great lesson in responsibility :)

angie said...

so awesome! love love love that last shot, too.

Kelli said...

great pic of Kiles! I wish I could have been there. :(

bootsy<3tootsy said...

Ok I am teary eyed, she is such a cool kid that it makes me smile to think about her. Thanks for coming Lyss, it meant alot to Kiley.