Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Livin' in the boonies, has its perks!

I take the bus to work when I can. Today, was a "can" day.
I even left the house all nice and ON TIME and even still had plenty of time to get through the detours leading to the bus stop. As I'm walking up to the bus, staring at the ground of course 'cuz we wouldn't want to make eye contact with anyone, would we.... I sort of stopped in my tracks as I noticed how WIDE the opening of the doors were to the bus and the huge step. As I looked up, it occurred to me, this wasn't the normal bus. This was an ACTUAL city bus. WAHHHH!!!!!!!
So as I sat on my plastic seat, I started to evaluate the situation and started to really appreciate the nice Coach bus we usually get out here in the stix.
Reasons I L.O.V.E. the "country" city bus:
-It's more cozy and personal. Not so, HEY LOOK AT ME as you walk down the aisle with the beaming lights that I'm sure were designed after the Starship Enterprise.
-When I sit down, it's a nice cushiony seat, much like a car seat. Not this hard piece of plastic that was probably an old McDonalds chair, complete with fabric taken right from a pair of Zubaz.
-I have ROOM on the Coach bus. I don't have to lock my legs together as tight as I can while piling all my bags on my lap.
-The motor is so much more muffled on our Coach bus. Quiet. Calming. Not ANYTHING like this city bus. I'm almost POSITIVE the engine was going to fall out behind us. Pretty sure I heard a raccoon under there too - ?
-Back to the seats, they're stable and sturdy and free of noise. In looking to my right this morning to acknowledge the clanking seats vibrate from the jerking of the bus, it's no wonder they sound like that - safety pins could have been the fasteners in this case.
-When I look out the window of my Coach, I can clearly see the gorgeous colors in the sky from the peeking sun through the outline of the trees. This morning, all I could see were the people on the bus because the Starship Enterprise lighting made it impossible to see PAST YOUR OWN REFLECTION.
-And last, my Coach bus has nice little buttons to press when you need to stop. The city bus has the cords you pull like a trolley which means you more than likely grab it with all fingers, meaning how many people have TOUCHED that thing? I'd rather miss my stop.
So tomorrow, I REEEEEEEEALY hope our Coach bus is back because I don't like the 'city' bus. I enjoy our 'country luxury' feel of real cloth seats and a soft engine.... and not feeling like I'm on the set of Speed 3. Not cool.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh hunny, I haven't logged on in quite a while, and of course I read about how spoiled you are. Must be nice...JK don't beat me!

Kelli said...

I use to take the express from the 95th Ave 35W park and ride....it was nothing BUT "City" Buses. But on the ride home for a couple months at a time we would get the coach bus..it would fill up fast because everyone wanted to take the comfortable bus home - ha!

Now just imagine if that was your only MEANS of transportation, you lived in the CITY, and it got you from A to B.......those platic chairs would be devine! So...it could be worse....

:)

angie said...

man, you suburbians are spoiled! that coach bus sounds like heaven. i won't tell dave about it because he might start resenting his daily rides aboard the "starship enterprise." :)

Jolene said...

that sounds like a lovely posh little ride! nice!!!