Last night, my friend Ange and I went over to our friend's place to take some pictures of her new little bundle of joy.
If you know me well, I have a passion for photography and I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing baby pictures! (maybe it's because they just lay there. If they aren't crying)
So I brought what props I had and we successfully converted (along with trashed, or maybe it was I who trashed the place? yeah, I did, that was me), anyway, we converted her dining room into a mini studio. Used the patio for the natural light and started off with the naked shots and a bow around her belly. So cute! However not 2 seconds after the diaper was 'unleashed', baby 'unleashed' the golden stream. Pee. Pee pee pee. Everywhere. So up with the prop we go (prop = baby) and mommy washed her off.
-black back drop and pillow trumped into the 'do not use' corner-
Decided we'd next try to put baby on the table with a white blanket on a couple other DRY pillows. While situating the 'nesting' area, Ange was trying to calm down baby from her peeing adventure (she got a little crabby. the baby. not ange. ) And whadaya know, the pee of fury was unleashed again. All down ange's leg and onto the floor. So round 2 of gathering up pee soaked items and placing them in the corner. However Ange didn't want to sit there. HA! j/k We had a good laugh, took some pics of the soaked leg and moved on...
Eventually, Dad came home to witness the chaos that was taking place: Baby crying, trying to find happiness in a nook, Ange's posing for me with a frame around her head (pictures later), all the while Sheila's pouring us wine and we're laughing hysterically.
This was like THEE PRIME photo session people.
Since baby was still crying, decided to have Dad try to calm her down. Within seconds, those golden gates of pee opened again.
(At this point, I'm convinced mommy gave her 5 bottles of WATER before we arrived.)
-
After cleaning up another encounter of Ms. Waterfall Incorporated.... we decided to call it quits and just do some random shots when she was content again.. WITH a diaper on. Which worked well. Just get mom into a black shirt (or a friend) so it creates a nice backdrop should you see the opportunity for a shot!
The Lesson:
Poor wanna-be photographers can do just about anything to make it work. If you have common household items, you too, can do this. Items needed:
*2 friends
(the Mom, & another to hold the backdrops in the air at moment's notice)
*Dining room table
*Patio window
*2 pillows
*baby blanket
*cookie sheet (held up the blanket to create a backdrop)
*Rice Krispies cereal box (held the cookie sheet up)
*Chip clip (held the blanket onto the cookie sheet)
-
We had a lot of good laughs about our setup.
Don't think baby felt the same ...
??
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
Oh man - HILARIOUS!!!!
I hope we get to see setup shots :) Nice job on the creativity! It sounds like so much fun.
Um - it should go without saying that I also want to see the rest of the pictures too :)
Ahh! Poor Angie! But that is freaking funny stuff! I'll make sure that when I have a baby that they'll be nice and dry b/4 their photo shoot with you! LOL!
Oh my GOSH, hysterical! I'm cracking up!
Can't believe how much baby pee you had to deal with, I hope her next session has less! -Missy
Post a Comment