Monday, October 27, 2008

Time for a change

I AM my father's daughter. Reason being, is this: If anything I own isn't COMPLETELY busted or of no use at all.... I will hang onto it as if it's the last thing on earth and replacing that one item is the last thing on my list. Because not only am I a pack rat, I'm also a client.
I will save things until they are useless.
For the past year, I've had something on my nightstand, slowly but surely, fading on me. It's not even a year old and it's been failing more and more. Started out with one light burning out maybe 2 months after opening the box. Then another light. Then another light. And finally another light. I could only see part of the first number and a portion of the last number if it was lit in the right spot and I never knew if I REALLY had it on 'music' or completely off.
Yes folks, I'm talking about my alarm clock. $20 to replace it is all it would take. But no. I kept using the clock for I had mastered the settings and was SURE that I could make this thing last until the end of time.
But then Bean entered the picture.
She was over at my house one evening and when the moment came that I entered my room (after she had already been in it - the little sneak), I noticed this pretty box containing a brand new alarm clock!
I wondered to myself, "I wonder how long THAT'LL sit there?"
This was about a month ago. And guess what folks - I FINALLY opened the clock and set it up and look how pretty it is! We have completely lit numbers now! I can tell if it's 8 and not 9! I can tell if I have the 'music' set or if I'm going to trick myself into sleeping in because I can't tell what I've set! the zero - the zero is COMPLETE! And I must say, the green lighting is a nice change.
So I thank you Beanie, for helping your pitiful pal get a new alarm clock....
-
Before
AFTER!
Notice the little lights on the sides - it's telling me MUSIC will play in da' morning!!!!!!
.
Now.....
If I could ONLY muster up the courage to throw the other one away....

5 comments:

Jolene said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you!

I knew you could do it.

I hope it doesn't take you too long to get used to the boring green after that beautiful blue. But - I suppose knowing the real time does have to have some disadvantage ;)

Glad you won't have to play guessing games with yourself in the morning anymore :)

angie said...

hahaha yay lyss! so glad you succumbed to good will. :)

Unknown said...

Ok, so thank you very much Bean for the alarm clock. Funny thing, the alarm went off this morning. I went to hit snooze on the wonderful new clock. The buzzer kept going off. I hit it again, didn't stop. I was like...what the heck.

In a daze, I though it might be the smoke alarm, but then I realized...it was coming from the old clock that Wifey had put in the box and didn't take out the batteries. I was about ready to Chuck Norris Karate chop that dang thing.

Fun times!

Jolene said...

Jeff,
please do
with a hammer
the old clock isn't worth hurting a hand over
and do it outside
and then throw it away.
then it will be gone.
forever.
Your friend,
VB

Unknown said...

Will do bean. I will beat it up Office Space style. I will send you a couple of pieces as a momento :)