Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My love for Jack

Sorry cuz, I don't mean Jack as in what I call you - I'm talkin' about the radio station. hee hee!
I got into a little funk about literally, 2 hours ago and decided I was crabby (maybe it's because I haven't gotten any sleep in the past two nights. First night: Kitties slept with us or rather - walked on our faces all night. Second night: Didn't get to bed until midnight. I need more than 10 hours of sleep in two nights.) And the fact that all I've had to eat today is a piece of delicious Cranberry Orange bread my mom made. As a matter of fact, just ran over to get some lunch and whadaya know - I waited too long. Cafeteria was closed. So the Gift Shop was the second resort.
Today's Menu:
Jalapeno Potato Chips and some fig newtons
-Eat your heart out Emeril-
-
Anyway, while sulking in my momentary crabby mood - I forgot that I had the best ride into work today. On top of leave the house 10 minutes later than I usually do, I managed to make it down one of the main roads I take, WITHOUT hitting a LIGHT! It was BEAUTIFUL! And the whole way in, even on the free way, I don't think I had to slow down lower than 45!
And then for the last 5 minutes of my drive, I turned it to Jack and I heard the beginning of a song that made me think, "what kind of horrible drum solo is this?" Much to my surprise, it was Some Like It Hot by Robert Palmer. I immediately blared it!!!!!!! Reminded me of Rocky!!! I had some great flash backs (amazing how I manage to still get to work safely). So after I got done singing (which is PRETENDING I knew all the words, making up my own at times) - the next song that came on -
Oh my gosh.... seriously? I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS!
unFLIPPEN believable......
this is sad
*
When does Alzheimer's set in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it Crocodile Rock?! LOL! J/K

Jolene said...

it sets in when you start to forget things.

looks like it's going to be a long next 60 years.

at least for the rest of us.
;)