This past weekend was another driving adventure for the hubby and me. Sometimes I picture us (and our future family) running around frantically like the family did in Home Alone when they were rushing to catch their plane - that's SO going to be us. Right now is just 'training' right?
Friday:
After work, I went over to downtown Mpls to meet up with Hubby at his work. We had 3 hours to kill before a surprise bday party would happen at the Rock Bottom Brewery at 7:30. So we went to Block E and played a couple games of bowling. Where the um....... <> the Mrs. <> beat the Mr........ hee hee!
We then made our way down a few blocks to the Brewery and waited for the rest of the clan to show up. Sat there for about an hour, when finally the guest of honor showed up as we all totally surprised her! She was so happy to see everyone and was even MORE shocked to hear that we were going to dinner with her and her hubby too. It was great! Ate dinner at the Palomino around 8:30 - great food! Didn't leave until around 11:30pm. Headed down to St. Louis Park for the night.
Saturday:
Woke up and headed back home around 10:30. Cleaned the house for about 15-20 minutes and then gathered my things up to head over to my friend Kel's to work on Christmas Cards. Hubby came over around 4pm where he planted himself on the couch next to Kel's hubby and played Xbox. Dinner was FANTASTIC - especially when we saved up our appetites until 9:30pm to eat it. LOL! Which was perfectly fine with me because kid you not people - I think the last time the hubby and I ate that good - was at a wedding! If that! Left their house around midnight. Thanks again for the awesome dinner Kel! Now the hubby expects that from me. Way to go.
LOL!
Sunday:
Woke up around 7:45am to start packaging up some shoe boxes for the Operation Christmas Child for church. (little did I know this 'project' ended mid november - DOH!) And then worked on getting a christmas card put together for my cousin. 9:40 rolled around and we were off to church where my sister-in-law was in the Christmas play. IT WAS GREAT! Left church and headed to the gas station (fuel light was on - which is a common site in the hubby's car). Then drove to the grocery store to get cream cheese, then headed up to my friend's sister's place to pick up some Stampin' Up stuff and other items to deliver. After which we then headed from Wyoming over to Lino Lakes to finally settle in at our friend's place for the Vikings game and Steelers game where we enjoyed massive amounts of food and good company - and HILARIOUS moments of entertaining children :) Left their place around 6:45ish and headed home to continue to work on christmas cards and christmas gift ordering until 10:30pm. Finally got in bed around 10:45pm. SHWEW!!!!!!!!!!
*
It's Monday - - - let a new chaotic week begin!
I'll get my helmet........
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
So you actually got a good night's sleep last night? I was wondering if you were really gonna get to bed when I told you to. Ha!
no I didn't get any sleep because it wasn't until 11 that I got to bed. On a 'good night' where I actually feel refreshed,I have to be in bed by 9 or 9:30. And so far this week - it isn't lookin' good. HA!
oh my gosh, you make me feel so lazy! hahaha. you accomplish so much in so little time, it's really amazing. high five!
i'm exhausted reading it ;) you guys do a good job of juggling it all though!
Post a Comment