Folks - the other day.... my 'work' dream came true (and I ain't talkin' that I finally LOVE my job here - cuz that's a far shot) but the other day..... I......... received.......... a ........
*
*wait for it*
*
*waaaaait .....for it*
*
A CORDLESS HEADSET FOR MY PHONE!
For about 2 years now, I've had this crummy headset with a VERY annoying cord that tangles around EVERYTHING! And when I'm trying to work with the Desktop peeps in fixing a PC that's acting up, I would have to keep putting down my headset, running over to the computer in need, then run back to pick up the headset to continue to the next step.
Well now........
IT HAS FINALLY CHANGED!
Thanks to my SUPER PAL in Desktop-Land... He managed to find me a cordless headset that was no longer being used!
It's amazing how Important you can feel while wearing one of these bad boys.
(maybe I'll play 'secret agent' later today...)
But it's also hilarious to wear one because I can't help but feel like ........
um.....
well - like I work at the Gap or something.
My pal Judes even teases me that the "sweaters in the front need to be refolded." LOL!
So with the perks of the convenience, comes the opportunity for comedy.
Example: Door bell rang the other day, here at work (yes, we have a doorbell)
I went to let the gal in and when she walked in the door, I grabbed my headset (as if to press it closer to my ear so I could hear) and then I go, "um. yeah. can you send someone up to work at register 3 - thanks."
The comedy couldn't have gone any better (since I'm usually laughing at myself) - the gal at the door, Judy and I - were all laughing hysterically!
I can't wait to play "store" later today - -
Wonder if I'll be a 'closing-after-the-holidays' store or Target.
RSS Feed (xml)
7 comments:
Lyss - admit it. You really have been dreaming of working for McDonald's all your life and now - well - now you're feeling that overwhelming sense of fulfillment. It's okay. Voicing it outloud will make it feel even better and more real.
p.s. where can i get one of these for my home phone, please?
yes, I want to work at McDonalds. Only because I know that if I give someone a full tray of drinks, and they're wearing 'new boots,' the chances of them biffing it in a slippery hallway, is quite high and may provide a good laugh.
yes - but you'd still be back at the "shop" waiting on the other customers and would never even have a chance to witness such a sweet moment!
I'd time it so I'd immediately leave on break and follow you. Because I'd be the manager. Managers can do that.
Me??? What could this possibly have to do with me? I know nothing of the events that you are referring to. I deny it all.
it's okay beanie - I have very VIVID memories of that "fall." I shall hold it close to my heart, always. (it's my only defense for the April Fools Day flowers - ) Let me enjoy it.
Post a Comment