Monday, January 12, 2009

Flyin' by the seat of my under-britches!

I thought 'britches' sounded funnier than 'pants' - especially on a Monday.
This weekend marked another chaotically busy weekend yet extraordinarily fun!!!!
Friday night, I got together with my stepfamily and we all went to Uptown and had dinner at Rudolph's. BBQ joint. It was pretty good! However I think I'll make it a point to visit Uptown AS LITTLE as I can in the future. (HOLY COW! I FELT LIKE I WAS IN NEW YORK!) Which made it even funnier as my dad was driving and him and my stepmom live up north. It's amazing how accustomed you've become to northern life.
Especially when you refer to Forest Lake as "the city." :)
Saturday morning I was LATE for a baby shower! For some REASON I was thinking the shower started at 1pm so here I am, doing laundry, farting around, blah blah blah and then I get a call from the mom-to-be about whether or not I was coming. It then HIT ME that the party was already going and by this time, it was going on already for about 40 minutes! CRIPES! So I threw some clothes on, didn't even do my hair, grabbed the gift and ran out the door! I made it to the shower in about 30 minutes! I was still able to visit with people I haven't seen since my high school reunion and be a part of a special day of a special friend with her first pregnancy :)
Raced home around 3:30 or 4pm and the hubby and I gathered up our things to head out to my friend Katy's place WAYYYYY up north (45 min. drive). Had a GREAT TIME playing Catch Phrase, eating good food, all the while it was her daughter's bday party the next day so she had five lil' 8 and 9-year-old friends over! It was a PACKED HOUSE!
Woke up Sunday morning to a bunch of little girls laughing and jumping around. Katy prepared a huge delicious breakfast and after letting our good eats settle in our tummies... we headed down to the bowling alley for the party!!!
Played some arcade games, hubby played lazer tag (I didn't play - I'd only get hurt. It's what I do). So I spent most of my time at a Wheel Of Fortune machine. Gathered up about 400+ points on my card and gave it to my god-daughter (katy's daughter) and her sister to split so they could buy all the fun things in the shop :)
After the party was over, headed down to a friend's place so the hubby could watch the Steelers Game. I left around 5:30 to go over to my friend Kristi's house for a business meeting, leaving the hubby there. I didn't leave Kriti's until 9:30 or so - went to pick up the hubby - and we were finally making our way back home around 10:30.
ONLY TO FIND OUT..........
the darn furnace went out again! It was 50 degrees in the house! Turned off the furnace and then turned it back on, and thank the GOOD LORD ABOVE, the heat kicked in!!!! It was another night of wearing three shirts, long pants and two pairs of socks!
My poor neighbor's furnace actually went COMPLETELY OUT! Makes me think ours is on its way to join the other furnace!
LOOK AWAY FROM THE LIGHT! LOOK AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

It sounds like you had a crazy weekend! I like britches better too. It fits better since you live way up north. :)

angie said...

i swear, you make me feel so much better about my weekends! haha. you are a superwoman. way to go!

Jolene said...

are you warmer yet?? is the furnace behaving now during this wicked cold spell? i hope so :(