Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Maybe I'm in the wrong business

Last night the hubby and I had an appointment with Mr. Tax Man at 6:30, which means we had to kill time before we had to meet. So we decided to go to Red Lobster to have some dinner. We haven't been there in MONTHS! In fact, I wonder if I've been there since our first 'non-official' date. (Jeff asked to take me to dinner one night after work and we met at Red Lobster. In his mind, he MAY have thought it was a date, but at that time, to me, it was 'cool - dinner with a friend') hee hee! He also managed to slip the crab leg cracker thingie into my to-go box so when I got home, voila! I had a cracker. But what the heck am I going to do with ONE now? LOL! anyway...
Back at Red Lobster...
I was there before the hubby, so just sat in the entryway and watched people. Lots of old people at Red Lobster. Weird.
But of course, I could NOT avoid the ginormous tank of lobsters just walkin' around, WAITING to meet their death. I just stared at them. One in particular that was walking all over the place and I thought... (hold onto your pants... deep thought comin' up.....)
'those poor lobsters! it'd be terrible to be trapped in that little box with my 'hands' 'taped' shut so I couldn't grab anything and just walk around hitting wall after wall because I can't get out!'
it'd be TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!
I wanted to free them all!
Maybe not out onto the 35W freeway, but you know, if I had a ship or something I'd bring them out to sea...
*
I even said under my breath as we left, to the little boy staring into the tank, "free them! free them all!"
*****
But for cripes sake, I was feeling bad for A LOBSTER!!!!!!!!!! Does sensitivity GROW with age?
*
I'd NEVER survive working at this restaurant.
EVER.
I'd be the girl in the back letting the 'meals' out the back door, shouting in a whisper,
"RUN LOBBIES!!! RUN!!!!"

4 comments:

Jolene said...

you must not have been hungry enough. otherwise, you would have been thinking "luuuuuuunch!" ;)

angie said...

hehehe you are too sweet. :)

Crystal said...

mmm...red lobster. oh, what were you saying? (wiping drool)

SteelerWife said...

LOL!!! crystal :)