Due do the high probability of meltdowns, this past weekend I decided to plan almost NOTHING. The hubby also agreed it was time to take time for our mental health and gain back our sanity.
So Friday night was a nice LOVELY night of Steak, Mushrooms and Potatoes for dinner, followed by a romantic movie - Saw III. LOL! Ok, so it wasn't romantic, but my my - talk about gore! It was good though. We were in bed by about 10:30.
Slept in Saturday morning until around 10am. Took our time in getting ready for the day - had some waffles, a little miscellaneous cleaning and pretty much continued to veg out. We both did what makes our hearts content, something that doesn't get done during the week:
Me - - card making, photo editing, organizing
Jeff - - playing his XBox.
We were two peas in a pod :)
Later on, ran some errands to help stimulate the economy. Oh - and my brother stopped by to take a quick look at our computer and kid you not - we've had the internet ever since Saturday with only 1 or 2 times of 'glitches.' It's been pretty outstanding. So hopefully we're plugged back into the world-wide-web of misinformation again.
Then around 7:30, we headed across town to help celebrate my friend Cat's 30th birthday. What a GREAT night that was! It was filled with good laughs, catching up with people we haven't talked to in months and watching/listening to karaoke - - which only led to not leaving until 2am.
Woke up Sunday with every intention on going to church - however, it didn't happen :( I hit snooze one too many times and for some reason I thought I could shower and be ready to leave in 20 minutes. I was clearly delusional.
So I remained in my robe with my hair up in a towel and the hubby and I sat on the couch, relaxed, had some cereal and watched a movie. (two movies in one weekend - - THAT'S UNHEARD OF!)
Then decided to work on more picture editing while the hubby played more XBox.
Few hours later, we decided to go to the grocery store and get some ingredients for dinner.
I made Thai Turkey Ballz, over rice with sweet and sour sauce.
YUMM-EEEEEEEEEEE
And dinner was around 5pm! Again - something that's NEVER HEARD OF in our house! It was kinda neat!
Did some laundry, put fresh sheets on the bed, had some ice cream and then headed to bed around 9pm.
It was funny because earlier, when we were finished eating, we both turned to each other and said, "what a great weekend!" And we then agreed we have to have more of this. It's good for the heart, soul and mind.
I plan to do this more. Life's too short to be living in FULL THROTTLE MODE all the time!
And it's much more fun than meltdowns :)
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
it's pure therapy, isn't it!
now click your heels together...
there's no place like home
there's no place like home
there's no place like home
lyss, i can hardly believe this is YOUR blog that i'm reading! good for you for doing what needed to be done: taking time for you. it sounds awesome. hope you squeeze in a few more weekends like this in your lifetime. :)
Hmmm...I think I need one of these weekends.
Yes Crystal - I recommend them to EVERYONE!
Post a Comment