Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feeling Deflated

Not only is the weather making me feel deflated (after my 5-day stay in FL WHICH by the way, I DID tackle some photos last night so posting some by the end of the week is looking promising!), but my 30th birthday balloons are feeling deflated too. Yup, even after a month and a half, I have four balloons that are STILL sitting at my desk, floating just above the tops of my cubicle walls. (speaking of cubicles.... I cannot WAIT until the day comes where I don't work within a cubicle)
Anyway...
I guess what I'm trying to say is, my day of celebration can no longer be drug out. I mean after all, it HAS been over a month. And really... it's just more evidence of how much of a pack rat I am and a procrastinator that they're still here.
My "secret" goal was to leave them up for a year. That way, I could be 30 again next year.
*
So Thank You Missy for delivering the balloons to my work for my birthday, but today is the day, they shall meet their demise. And to make things worse, two of the balloons are yellow with the big smiley faces on them. But lets keep up with the times shall we?
They're about to receive 'plastic surgery..'
Let the deflation process begin...
*
On another note, Daffodil Days are starting here at the hospital tomorrow.
I'll replenish my desk with yellow flowers instead.
I'll pretend they were delivered too.......

1 comment:

Jolene said...

it can't be over yet - your card is still at my house so i can give it to you this weekend!! lol. maybe after that though...