Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who needs pet toys?

Cats.
What peculiar little animals they are.
I find it funny how I can buy 10 million little mice or little balls or other little toys on strings, and the things my cats go for, are things they shouldn't have any business playing with.
For instance, Razz is obsessed with my hair binders. He races me up the stairs in the morning to beat me to the bathroom and he sits on the scale and waits for me to throw a binder to him.
(He likes to bat it underneath the scale - it's a challenge that way.)
Whiskey's usually playing the "I'm really cute" game and rolling all over the floor and climbing up my legs and then jumps up on the bathroom sink and goes after my bobby pins. He growls at them until he gets them in his mouth and then runs off with them.
This morning however, I caught Razz red-handed and it was finally revealed who the Tupperware caper was.
To backtrack - recently we've been finding random pieces of Tupperware throughout the kitchen and living room. Could be a top. Could be a small bowl. Could be a top on a bowl.
I never knew who was doing it though and just made it a point to start putting the stuff away rather than keeping it in the sink or shoved in my work bag from lunch leftovers.
And so back to this morning, I failed to DO this "point of putting Tupperware away" and I get my bag put together with a few containers with my lunch and set the last little container (with ranch dressing) on the top. I walked away briefly to go upstairs and grab the lint roller after noticing all the hair on my black jacket.
When I came downstairs, there was Razz with his nose in my work bag.
He grabs the container with the Ranch dressing and runs off with it in his mouth!
So I chase after him!
He runs into the downstairs bathroom, wiggling through the door (because it's never fully open) and drops the container BEHIND the toilet and then hovers over it and meows at me like,
"No! It's mine!"
*
Give me that back you little thief!
THAT'S MY RANCH!
He let out a few "aw...shucks" meows as I took it away.
I win Razz. Never forget that.
LOL!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

ha ha!!!!!!! i would have never guessed a cat would be interested in such things! cracks me up! silly razz...

Anonymous said...

Little meow meows! I love cat stories :)