I was at the grocery store the other day and was looking for a convenient lunch that I could bring to work in a snap. Or... you know, MAKE in a snap.
I came across this Cup-a-Soup by Lipton - it was Tomato soup. I love tomato soup!
So... I bought it.
I had it for lunch yesterday. Heated up my water in my mug, then poured the powder in. Well wait a minute - let me correct that... I used half water, half milk (I like my tomato soup thicker). So I'm stirring..... and stirring..... waiting for the red color...... still stirring....... hmm....... I thought - "looks like horribly tinted milk....perhaps weak-cherry-flavored-frothy coffee of some sort?" It was quite the mystery actually.
I went back and read the package: "For Microwave, pour contents of package into mug, add 3/4 cup of water, ...then heat 'til boil..blah blah blah"
AH HA!
My first mistake - I used a CUP of water/milk.
Second mistake - added the powder mix AFTER I had heated up my liquids.
So my Cup-a-Soup was no longer qualified as a cup of soup.
It was more like a cup of ........ um........ really really BLAND milky, watery, tomato soup.
(if I had a grilled cheese sandwich, I'm sure it would have been very disappointed in me)
*
So today, I shall try again.
3/4 cup of liquid today folks - 3/4 CUP!
it shall be a SATISFYING tomato flavor this time.
*
Moral of the Story: Directions are cool.
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
well that must have been disappointing, to say the least.
Post a Comment