My routes over the weekend:
Home to St Paul - St Paul to Woodbury - Woodbury to Home - Home to St Paul - St Paul to Burnsville - Burnsville to Woodbury - Woodbury to Savage - Savage to home - Home to North Branch - North Branch to Home
*
That's also known as, 244.8 miles.
*
Friday: Met up with some peeps after work for a happy hour. Then made my way over to woodbury to help celebrate two of our friends' birthdays. Fun Fact: The two friends are husband and wife - with the SAME birthday.
Left dinner around 9pm, headed home for sleepy time.
Saturday: Woke up around 6:30 - had to work from 8 til noon.
Left work, headed down to burnsville to celebrate my niece's 1st birthday which was so fun! So many kids were there! It was quite the zoo! Left the party around 5:30, headed over to mom's in Woodbury to spend an early mother's day with her. We watched movie after movie. I decided to leave around 12:30 or so. Go outside. My car's gone - MY CAR WAS GONE! I started to panic and shake! Yelled back to my mom "MY CAR'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" We were both just in shock! She immediately called 911 to report my car stolen. I was freaking out because I had all my camera equipment in there AND with my niece's 1st birthday pictures on it!!!!!!!! (not to mention all my work stuff - papers - receipts - parts of my WALLET!) Come to find out - there's a towing service for the development my mom lives in. WHICH... I was unaware of. I was so relieved to know my car wasn't stolen, but then again, that fear turned to anger because I'm sure they JUST TOWED IT! And we didn't even hear the tow truck ? What - they got SILENCERS on their trucks now?
So we verified that it was towed and the reason. Can't park on the streets in front of the townhomes overnight. Has to be in the circle part. Fine. Whatever. There aren't ANY SIGNS saying that. But tell me where it is - where's my car. "SAVAGE". Yup. I mean - afterall - why would they make it nice and close to where they towed it from ? That would make the MOST sense, but you know - gotta make their money so they like to tow vehicles half across the state. Perhaps it's so people can allow their fumes to die down before getting their property back. And to top things off, couldn't get the car til morning. Gee, really? Did I actually THINK I could just go and get it now? (by this time it was about 1am)
After mom and I had calmed down, we decided to get some sleep because we had to drive to across the Atlantic to get my car in the a.m.
Sunday: Woke up around 8:15, got ready to go retrieve my "stolen" car. $190 later.... I have my car and I'm fuming. Not exactly at the people I'm paying (in CASH, mind you), but just the fact that had I just parked in the driveway, this could have been avoided. BUT........ have to think of the glass half FULL right? Ok - so my perspective THEN is... I will now ALWAYS park in the driveway and I shall scowl at every neighbor she has - well okay I won't scowl - but there IS a cop across the street and I'm sure he called. Yeah - happy mother's day to you too buddy. jerk.
I was suppose to be up at my dad's by noon on Sunday to see my stepmother before she had to go to work. Well, my day was now cramped for time. Drove home. Changed. Fed the cats. Changed the litter boxes. Picked up papers they had thrown all about. Put the finishing touches on the flowers I bought and headed up north. Stayed til about 4, then headed back home.
Finally saw the hubby (he was gone all weekend fishing and spending time with his friends and his mom). We decided we needed DQ for dinner. It was a 'sweet' ending.
In bed by 9pm. Even sweeter.
*
I'm now broke, I need money for tabs (they expired last month), have to wait to pay my Energy bill, have to wait to pay my CC bill and my overdue oil change is now going to be REALLY overdue because Mr. Tow man has my money.
*
Thanks Mr. Association Rule Maker and Tow Man.
-bite me-
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
omg - i'd be so pissed
ooooh that is so cold! what the h! i'd write hate mail. seriously.
holy buckets that is CRAZY!! Makes for a memorable Mom's Day though, ha ha! :) -Missy
I guess it could be worse...some punk could have stole your car, trashed and crashed it.
Post a Comment