I hope all of you had a fantastic Father's Day and all the father's out there were shown much appreciation!!!! I had a little project in mind for my dad and I decided to post it because I know a couple of you wanted to see the 'end result' and heck, I wanted to post it because the pictures on here of my dad are PRICELESS! They were in a little photo album my mom gave to me. The pictures were from around 1972-ish, and had that lovely yellow tint and everything else that comes with the 70's. But thanks to Photoshop, I was able to make them look, for the most part, recent! Color wise anyway. HIS style on the other hand.... that's forever locked in the photographic evidence. But I bet my dad was the coolest ever! The box was a kleenex box. On each side, I came up with words that described my dad and then looked up the definitions and made panels for 3 sides. I shoved the box full of money ($30 in $1 bills to display the 30 years he's been my dad). Oops. There's my age. And he loved it!!!
Yup...... *sigh*
My dad's a stud.
p.s. When you pick out a kleenex box, should you choose to do something like this, make sure it isn't kleenex with VICKS added. Yeah - I missed that small detail. The box was VERY minty....
4 comments:
this turned out so, so awesome!!!!!!!!! nice work on making it such a treasure :)
What a great idea! I love the pics!
The Idea originally came from Bean (a/k/a jolene). She did something like this for my birthday except had $1 bills taped to a ribbon in which I pulled out from the box so dollar bills would come popping out, one by one! It was so cool! I loved it! I didn't do the ribbon with my dad's money because I didn't have tape that didn't tear money. oops. LOL! poor planning on my part!
what a great idea! you are so creative. jeez louise. he'll treasure this gift forever.
Post a Comment