Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just a little chat...

The following is an excerpt from a chat session I had with my friend Tot (that's a nickname of course). While you're reading it, you'll realize it was a one-sided chat as Tot was not near her desk (or just letting me go on without interruption). Each line represents another thought I was having and felt the need to share it with her. And seeing that she wasn't responding, only made me write more. And laugh while doing so.
*
-I'm listening to some hold music and I'm PRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTY sure my ear's bleeding
-music of the 60's and 70's was horrid.
-I can picture the video for this song now - -- - browns yellows and oranges with white guys and their afros and plaid pants - in case you were wondering
-sometimes the snow comes down in june...... sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon........ and now we're standing face to face isn't this world a crazy place! just when i thought a chance had passed, you go and save the best for last.......
-GO VANESSA WILLIAMS! YEAH!
-you with me tot or what?
-i can't hear you singing!
-holy crap really? I'm still on hold?
-what does one do when they're on hold and figure out their own answer. do they hold on because it's proper to formally say goodbye and thanks to the person that answered? or do you just hang up and hope they can't trace your call?
-I think I'll just copy and paste this and put it all into a blog. (done! ha!)
-well, I hung up on the person to do my own investigation without listening to flower-power music
-and then I called someone that I THOUGHT I was going to get and I ended up getting a completely different person and was surprised that this number I dialed, went to HER! LOL!!!! I swear there's a full moon (without having someone pull down their pants)
-wow. you're going to have a lot to read
-holy cow, I'm now being transferred to at LEAST the 5th person
-I give up
*
The Story ends about 6 people later. I continued to be transferred around and sometimes just simple being circled back to the person that originally answered my call. I was even transferred to a Robo Lady menu to PICK who I wanted to talk to. Um........ in case no one was listening during the first 11 calls - I don't KNOW who to talk to. Back to the operator I went.......
I was glad to leave work yesterday.
Lets hope today is better. So far, I know at 2pm it will be.
I have a date with DQ.

3 comments:

angie said...

oh i love convos like this one. hehe. so glad yesterday finally ended for you! what a headache.

Crystal said...

You aren't crazy. Don't believe those people. Talking to yourself is totally sane.

Jolene said...

this: "what does one do when they're on hold and figure out their own answer. do they hold on because it's proper to formally say goodbye and thanks to the person that answered? or do you just hang up and hope they can't trace your call?"
made me LOL. thanks! :)