Just like the song, "Summer Nights," my version is called Organized Nights.
Don't worry, I'll spare you from singing the song, or creating my own lyrics. Even though I may have the time at work to do so... I shall refrain.
But last night was one of those nights where on your way home, you're so delighted and excited to know that you have NOTHING going on. (And as I read that to myself, the phrase, "I'M 50!" comes to mind. Ugh. Another sign of aging - you get excited about nights at home.)
Still feeling young and hip with my stylish sunglasses, I pull into the garage, walk inside with my 10 bags ('cuz I'm a bag lady) and greet the monsters, a/k/a - cats, and get their food out. I stand in the kitchen and think to myself, "wow. now what? should I clean? vacuum? make cards? do crafts? work on the computer?" It's been a long time that I've experienced this situation during a week day.
I knew I had some phone calls to make, so I did... then decided it was catch up time with picture editing. What's really sad is that I still haven't finished editing pictures from my step-brother Chris' wedding. And... um.... yeah.... he was married May of '08.
I think I've only opened Pandora's Box with my free nights.
Time to make a "things-I-have-to-do-on-the-computer" list.
First Task: BELIEVE I'll have time to do this.........
And then I got up and went downstairs to make an actual meal that didn't involve toast, cereal or a frozen pizza.
The list will have to wait ..........
The Procrastination Monster strikes again.
In a fun way though - sometimes he's fun. Right?
RSS Feed (xml)
5 comments:
work is boring - make the list there.
get those pics edited girl!!
glad you got a night off and some real-er food :)
lol! that came off wayyyy bossier than it was said :) just wanted you to know ;)
I'm a super list lady. I'm not sure if it really motivates me to complete tasks, but I guess I get some sort of satisfaction out of crossing things off. Maybe we should start daily lists that make us feel better about ourselves. "woke up - check!" "went to work - check!" Then photo editing would be a major accomplishment! :)
it's okay to cut yourself some slack once in a while. :) take a break when you can!
I think you're addicted to busy. I am willing to bet you are trying to figure out how to get your fix for the weekend already...oh wait, you probably already had this weekend planned last November! HA! HA!
Post a Comment