What if there were no such key as the "exclamation point" key?
What if when you hit Shift+1, you didn't get the exclamation point?
I just had this deep thought because I think the majority of my emails, chats, blogs, you name it - HAVE an exclamation point appear at LEAST 20 times.
It's almost like I'm validating to people in my notes, that I'm either super excited! or perhaps I'm in disbelief about something and have to show my urgency of the matter!
I know you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.
What's more effective:
Happy Birthday
or
Happy Birthday!
It's funny because I get emails or notes without exclamation points and I think, "wow - lets be a little MORE SERIOUS! not " When in reality the person who wrote it, may be just as excited as I am about what they're writing to me about, however they haven't found the exclamation point yet?
It also goes along with the smiley face guys. Whether it be :) or the actual little icon that you can create. I'm always sure to add a smiley face because I want people to know I'm happy and smiling when I say something that COULD be interpreted incorrectly.
But what if........
Those symbolic little things didn't exist?
I have a feeling we'd all be a little too serious and mundane.
*
I just got the shivers!!
(see! - EMPHASIS!!!)
(wow - there were 6 right there alone)
RSS Feed (xml)
5 comments:
I am so darn glad we never have to experience this first-hand!!! It would be a travesty to the English language AND communication protocals everywhere!
Thanks for reminding me to not take these things for granted. :)
:)! lol.
I was going to say something about your excessive abuse of the :) .......................................................................... but I have my own problem to deal with........I'm addicted to <.......>'s
LOL!!!!
i totally agree!!!!!!!!!
except for in the printed word (i.e. books, mags, news papers). then they just bug the crap out of me.
!
:)
Alyssa, you are the Andy Rooney of Blogs!! HA HA HA!!!! (or at least that's how you sound when I read it!)
Post a Comment