You know what really BITES about buying fruit at the grocery store? Never knowing if the stinkin' thing is any good.
Take cantaloupe for example. The only way I know of, to check the ripeness of a cantaloupe, is to smell it. If it smells like cantaloupe, it's ripe. If it doesn't (or the smell is faint), it's probably not ready yet. (And if someone told me this as a lie, I fell for it. But too bad for them - because this method actually works.)
Watermelon on the other hand........
Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to check for a good one? 'Cuz I just spent $7 on a Watermelon that was BAD. It possibly could have been cut open with a spoon. Now when I picked it out, it felt pretty firm on the outside
........... but apparently..........
NOT firm enough.
Any tips out there?
Me hates wasting me monies!
(Yes, I'm Irish)
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
Yes. Return it.
I have to admit this is why I like to buy the precut ones. I can see what I'm getting. But they're so darn expensive. I guess it's just a crapshoot. Unless we both learn something awesome from your readers!
oooh i wish i could help you here! i know only as much as you. sorry!
Post a Comment