Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Well... I did it

I TURNED the heat on.
I got out of bed this morning and realized there was a little chill in the air.
Got my clothes to wear and headed to the bathroom to shower (and warm up!).
I knew it was cold in the house because I had to have the water on EXTRA warm! To the point where I was actually seeing steam swirl in clouds over me.
After showering, I decided to go downstairs and to see what the temp was at (including getting some treats for the kitties. They're so DEMANDING in the morning)
Thermostat reads: 61.
Hmm.... I would say that's COLD, wouldn't you? YIKES! Are you kidding me? Just the other day the house was sitting nicely at 72!
So the heat went on!
This state's weather is just so weird. One minute it's summer, the next it's winter. Judy was talking about the 'confused' clothes of Minnesotan's just the other day.
We never know what to wear. jeans and a tank top? shorts and a sweatshirt? jeans, long-sleeved shirt, and sandals?
In MN, there's no such thing as putting away seasonal clothes.
Everything we own is year-round.
Face it.
Accept it.
We're weird.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

you're so right about seasonal clothes. i find it so frustrating when there's no room in the drawers for these inbetween times. sigh. what a dumb thing for me to complain about. at least we still have variety!
and jeremy started up the wood stove the other night too. the house is toasty cozy again. i guess i wouldn't have minded a few cold days in there - it makes baking sound like fun! (cause it warms up the house.)

SteelerWife said...

Too funny! In the winter (and right now) when I'm done cooking something in the oven, I leave the door cracked once I turn it off, so the remaining heat can flood out into the house. Most times, I stand in front of it for the first couple minutes.

Jolene said...

yes!! i totally do that all the time too :) soooo cozy.