Thursday, November 12, 2009

A night with mom

Last night I went down to my mom's after work.
I had to bring her some insurance forms and figured, heck, I'll just stay for dinner and spend the night!
So when I got there we made dinner, but FIRST - - I came prepared - - and put on my PJ's right away and my big fuzzy robe! THEN... proceeded to help her with dinner. She made us these DIVINE cajun porkchops that she would always make when my brother and I were younger. They are to DIE FOR! We ate in front of the TV and picked out a movie to watch. The Changling was the lucky winner. Pretty good movie! Scary to think that something like that may have really happened. (I'm getting differing opinions on whether or not the story was totally true or perhaps just parts of it.)
Then we tuned in to Ghost Hunters as I worked on a scarf that I'm making.
Yes, I crochet.
No, I'm not 80.
We had fun though - laughing at goofy things, looking through magazines, talking about Christmas and Thanksgiving.....
And just when you think the best is over because you go to bed.... I wake up and before we leave, mom hands me this bag. In it is some leftover dinner (I can't WAIT for lunch!) and then two cinnamon rolls from CINNABON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMGosh!!!!!!
THEY ARE EVIL! PURE EVIL!!!!!
I'm indulging in them as I write this.
So I'm going to end this before I ruin my keyboard with gooey deliciousness....

4 comments:

Jolene said...

everything about this just screams "yay!" to me :)
i think it's really awesome that you two got to hang out like that last night. and the cinnabon was literally the icing on the cake ;)

SteelerWife said...

and the icing on my thighs....

Jolene said...

did you spill!?!?!?!?
;)

Anonymous said...

Does your mom have any more room at the Inn? I can be there by sundown.