Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Destiny Determined by Fruit

I just had an apple and while washing it, I thought of something that immediately made me crack up.
Remember back in Elementary school (or maybe you did this in the Senior High? Never know!!!)
And when you'd have an apple, you'd hold onto the stem and then twist the apple while saying letters of the alphabet and whatever letter you were on when the stem snapped off, that was the boy you were going to marry? (or 'go out with' or the guy you liked)
*
Oh the things we'd come up with.
*
Or maybe this was just my school/friends that did this ?????
Eek.
Well even if.. what weird little games do YOU remember playing or making up in Elementary?

5 comments:

Missy said...

It's not really a game, but I remember spending hours and hours and many recess outings searching on hands and knees for a 4-leaf clover! I wasn't the only one either, a couple of my like minded friends joined in the fun too! We never did find one either....dang it!

Jolene said...

Um - I still do the apple thingy.

Kelli said...

apple thingy was definetly from grade school.

We played MASH, the fortune teller with the paper thingy you made (can anyone remember how to fold that paper anymore?)

Kelli said...

I meant to say MASH AND the fortune teller game. I do know they are two seperate games - HA!

Kristi said...

I have NO idea what you are talking about...never played anything like that :) Where did you say you were from...???? hee hee