Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kitties cont....

I figured if my other blog had a story about the cats, perhaps this blog should too.
For those that know me, I LOVE my cats. I've always been a cat person, even though I pretty much grew up on a farm.
Ok, not really. But the house was always packed with animals. I remember we once had a litter of puppies (7) and our cat had kittens (5) - under my bed none-the-less - plus we had another dog and I'm pretty sure my stepbrother had a boa constrictor in the house at that time. ?
It was QUITE packed to the gills with furballs and well, a creepy reptile.
I became more of a cat person - probably thanks to my grandma :)
but enough background....
Every morning when I wake up and come out of the bedroom, Whiskey greets me and wants to be held.
If I'm trying to get dressed in the bathroom or do my hair or whatever, he'll sit on the sink and reach for me with his paws because he wants me to hold him.
(I told you they were half human)
So I pick him up every morning and carry him downstairs with Razz in tow behind me, because I give them treats.
For the past 2 days, when I'm leaving for work as I pull out of the garage and out of the driveway, I've seen Whiskey's little face in the window :(
He's been sitting on the edge of the couch and watching me leave.
I know this is incredibly sappy because it's a cat, but I just see that cute little tiger face looking out at me when I leave and I can't help but be sad I'm leaving... yet again.
It actually breaks my heart to see it because I feel like sometimes hubby and I are barely ever home and Whiskey's thinkin', "Really? You're leaving again? But you just got up!"
Ok - yeah I know - I'm losin' it.......
But let me be.
I love cats. And they love me.
Period.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I can totally relate. Sometimes I give Sage 2 treats just to make up for the guilt I have for leaving! Most of the time she is fine, but when we have been gone alot she will watch us leave from the window. :(

Jolene said...

Yes, you do. Yes, they do. It's really very sweet. I feel bad saying goodbye to my doggies all the time too. Neglect weighs on a soul. Soon you'll be home for a little extra while with JP and then you can cuddle all three of your babes :)