This past weekend, I helped a friend of mine shoot a wedding in Wisconsin.
I can't remember the last time I did photography for a wedding, about 6-8 months ago?
So I started out Satruday afternoon on my 2 hour drive into Wisconsin near Cumberland.
Had my comfy shoes on, pants that were held up great with my belly band, and a nice long shirt to hide the belly band. (What's fun is that most of my dress shirts are 'pregger belly' adaptable. ha!)
I arrived at the church and Tot (my pal) gave me the ok to do the detail pictures - MY FAVORITE! So off I ran with the rings and bouquet, program and guest book. The church had this beautiful black super shiny piano that I was in love with! Perfect spot for pictures!
Then the ceremony started.
Before I knew it, I was on the ground creeping and crawling around on my hands and knees (camera in hand too), trying to manevuer the best I could without smooshing my belly too much. My goodness that was tough!
Up and down I went. Scrunch down here, scoot over here, apologize to this guest and that guest for getting in their way, crawl some more, sit in this corner for a while, stand up, sit down, lay down!
I had completely forgotten how much work weddings are!
I had sweat dripping down my back and was thinking, "Thank the Lord I have a couple layers to soak this up!"
Nothing more attractive than a pregnant, sweating, photographer eh?
Finished up the wedding and helped with the formal family pictures and all that fun stuff.
Finally cooled down and helped pack up all the equipment when we were done.
I was told I didn't need to come to the reception as the couple only wanted a few pics of the cake and perhaps a couple dances.
So I gathered my things and headed home.
Feeling a little sore, finished the night with an evening out with some friends until about 2:30am. LONG DAY!
And Sunday morning was lovely...
it was yet ANOTHER REMINDER on how strenuous wedding photography can be because I could barely walk! LOL!
*sigh*
Gotta love it though!
Photography is so much fun!
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
One word: Yikes.
Okay two: Ouch.
Post a Comment