Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I miss humans

Trying to call mortgage company to verify they received my new homeowners policy - Went a little something like this:
Robo Lady: Hello, are you an agent calling on behalf of a customer? If yes, press 1, if no press 2.
Me: (pressed 2)
Robo Lady: All right, please enter your loan number.
Me: (entered loan number)
Robo Lady: Our records indicate that you currently have no insurance on your home, therefore... (blah blah blah)...To hear updated insurance information, press 1 - To update your insurance information, press 2....
Me: (I press '0' for a representative as hearing Robo Lady say what she just did, tells me they never received my fax and I want to talk to someone)
Robo Lady: Are you wishing to speak to a representative?
Me: "yes"
Robo Lady: Speaking to a representative can sometimes take a while as there is a wait time and I can probably help you a little faster, so, lets try this again.....To hear updated insurance information, press 1 -
Me: (I press '0' again, thinking maybe if they know the customer pushed it twice, they REALLY do wanna talk to a human)
Robo Lady: Are you wishing to speak .....
Me: (I cut her off) In my most annoyed tone I say, 'YES!'
Robo Lady: Speaking to a representative can sometimes take a while as there is a wait time and I can probably help you a little faster, so, lets try this again...
Me: (I'm thinking so far you've done NOTHING but elongate this call! So I yell NO at her 'lets try this again' suggestion, in hopes the company programmed 'NO' as an angry customers' TYPICAL response)
Robo Lady continues to talk and I just sit and wait after the options given wondering if by chance if I just sit here, they'd think I had a rotary phone and give me a person.
Then I hear: Robo Lady: "To talk to a representative, press 3"
Me: (I press 3, practically breaking the button)
Robo Lady: Please hold while I find a representative for you..
*
Moral of the Story: If you want your customers to become increasingly annoyed with the way you do business, don't offer your customers OPTIONS YOU CAN'T FULFILL ON THE FIRST REQUEST!
Robo Lady's lucky she ain't real.

2 comments:

angie said...

this is the story of my office life!!!! those 800-lands are just horrific. so sorry you got trapped in one. usually i can justify it by knowing i'm being paid to get annoyed.

SteelerWife said...

Maybe I should send the mortgage company a bill for my "suffering." Or take them on Judge Judy for compensation - HA!