Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Miracles DO Happen

Well fellow peeps - I'm happy to say that my Christmas cards are FINALLY done and on their way to their respective locations!!
The Angels are singing!!! Can you hear them? 'Do you hear what I hear...... a song, a song.... " ok ok. I'll stop.
This year, instead of using the AWESOME reason to create a photo card on behalf of Leighton entering the world - - insane Lyssa decided to take over the situation and hand make every card. 91 of them to be exact.
As I made a few more last night ('cuz I ran out. how silly that I actually thought 85 was enough), I brought up the file on the computer, that had the inside of the card that I wanted to print. The file had a creation date of Nov. 22nd.
I found it amazing that I was thinking about cards in November and I'm finishing them on the 27th of DECEMBER. ??
I had great ambitions right?
and at least I GOT them out - -
I can't say I didn't think over and over again that perhaps I should just make these Happy New Year cards (regardless of it saying Merry Christmas on the front side).
Lets just say that I've learned my lesson this year.
Next year, I'm blocking out the last weekend in November and the first weekend in December to dedicate them to Christmas card making and shopping.
And by "making cards" I mean = creating a photo card.
MUCH easier and sent to my door ...COMPLETED!
And who doesn't like getting packages?
So I'm really killing two birds with one stone. Getting my cards done and enjoying the excitement of seeing a box on my doorstep!
Not that I'd ever kill a bird tho - let alone throw a stone in the air.
My luck it'd come back down and hit me.

2 comments:

angie said...

oh my gosh, i can't believe you handmade 91 cards!!!!!! and you have a BABY! that is an incredibly feat. way to go. but yeah, you can totally let yourself off the hook next year. you deserve it.

barb said...

Thank you for the card Lyss. You did a nice job on them. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
~bean's mom