What is it about MN weather that makes people all of a sudden forget how to drive?
I'm willing to bet that out of the 2 people that read this blog (LOL!), that 100% of you will agree with me on this post.
I've become a firm believer that there should be a new law that makes it mandatory for people looking to get a license, to do their driver's test on snowy roads and in terrible weather conditions. Why? So the rest of us don't lose our hair and have to be started on blood pressure medications because you can't drive.
I mean really. It's Minnesnowta. If I hear you slamming down on the gas pedal trying to get up an icy patch and your tires are spinning out of control, I'm not going to feel bad for you. Rather, I'm going to shake my head at you because everyone knows you don't DO that. The trick is to put your car in... wait. I can't give it away just like that. If you wanna know, you gotta pay for it. After all, something free isn't as valuable to you, right? right.
And don't get me wrong D.O.T., I truly believe you've done a wonderful job clearing the roads. You really have. However I think more of my anger comes with road construction DURING snow. And in fact, I have yet another new law I'd like to take place. All road construction projects taking place near or WITHIN downtown, MUST be finished before October 1st.
Why? Because it took me an hour and a half last night to get to my destination which is NORMALLY only 20 minutes away - WITH traffic. And for those of you that sit at an intersection of lights and you feel you HAVE to get across the intersection even if your light turns red and you're blocking the traffic going the other way -- - - I wish I had eggs to throw at your car. Some day this will happen. And then I'll offer cookies in an apology. But the point is, I got out my frustration and you now need a car wash and your car was dirty anyway so get over it. I just gave you a bigger reason to get it washed.
And parking. Lets talk about parking. If you're parking in any of the lots down here at my work, I'm only going to assume you've been here long enough to know how this works, so please explain to me WHY you would park the OPPOSITE diagonal direction than what we've been parking the OTHER times of the year? And what posses some of you to triple park someone thinking it'll be ok to do that?
*
Oh boy, there is SO MUCH MORE I could add to this but I think I'm going to stop now while I'm ahead and I'm kinda still funny. I'm afraid I'll start getting offensive. I apologize if I have. I'll send cookies to you ASAP.
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
oh sister, i SO HEAR YOU. i try soooo hard not to get too upset while i'm pregnant because i'm terrified the road rage will penetrate the baby's blood. MUST STAY CALM! which is practically impossible during weather like this.
I did a LOT of praying in the car yesterday! I needed SOMETHING to keep me calm!
LOL! Even though we get snow down here in KC, people freak out when its barely raining! I hate it! I agree with you on the learning to drive on ice and snow in order to get your license.
Post a Comment