Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Fast-Paced Livin'!

Yesterday Jeff and I decided to make up our bowling scores from Monday night, since we were still in Florida.
We made the decision to meet up at the bowling alley at 5:30.
I putzed around work for a while to be sure that I didn't pick Leighton up from daycare, too early. I picked him up around 4:30 (he was snoring in his car seat by the time I got there - so cute!)
Left daycare around 4:50 to head to the lanes. I had to go to the bathroom but knew I didn't have much time so I figured I'd go when we were bowling. I got to the lanes around 5:20 and I checked in as we were told, the earlier we got there, the better because leagues would be starting around 6:30pm. Then the guy tells me, "well we have a group coming in tonight so we'll need the lane back by 6pm. Do you think you could bowl 3 games before 6?" Um...... without breaking my arm? Probably not.
After feeling a little perturbed because I was told we would be guaranteed a lane until 6:30, I called Jeff to see how close he was. He was 2 minutes away.
He got there at 5:30.
And again, I didn't get to the bathroom because we had to hurry! Got our lanes, laced up the shoes and got our bowling balls ready. We then realized we had to tell the guy to set the lanes up for 9-pin No-tap.
Ok. Finally ready. We bowled like we were on fire!
One ripped off thumb nail later along with a little blood and armpits sweating, we had finished all 3 games by 5:50!
We hurried up and packed all our things up (including Leighton who was confined to his seat the whole time) and got off the lane. Decided to go eat dinner because neither one of us had eaten since 12:30 and we were shaking! I again, put off going to the bathroom.
So we got to Chili's for dinner. As those of you with children know, eating dinner at a restaurant is always a little chaotic because at the same time your trying to get your child situated with toys or snacks, the waiter/waitress is coming over and asking for your order and you haven't even looked at WHERE the menu was let alone know what you were going to drink!
Hurried up and ordered some food.
Fed LT in the meantime to keep him busy.
Shoveled in my food.
Then had to go to the bathroom with LT because he decided to poop.
(He's teething so it's been a LOVELY week with awful diapers)
He cried the entire time I changed him which he NEVER does - poor guy - I bet his little bum was hurting :( I then brought LT back to the table and decided I better go myself before my bladder explodes. Or I have to cough and pee spills out as a result.
Got back to the table and paid our bill and rushed out of there.
Got home, fed LT and put him to bed.
*
I finally felt like I could slow down!
We bowled 3 games, ate dinner and had leighton in bed all before 7:30. NOT BAD my friends.. not bad.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow! Talk about a crazy night!

angie said...

i'm going to go take a nap now. for you.

NASHVILLE HIP CHICK said...

Dang, now that is what i call, EFFICIENCY!