Friday, March 21, 2008

Dreams are Doors

I decided this morning that dreams are like doors to another world. A world that's beyond your reach that comes to you when you're completely relaxed and at ease (a/k/a = in your sleep). Last night I purchased a shadow box to start working on Onyx's memories. Couldn't dig up enough strength to start going through pics, but it was a start. And after going to bed with everything running through my mind, I had probably the strangest dream I've had in a while. It was a mix of old/new friends, and then a sort of high school reunion yet, we were all sitting in desks in a classroom (yet there wasn't a teacher). I remember specific people that I saw, that had graduated with me. However they weren't people I ever really talked to. Then it flashed to where I was at home (not in the house I have now) but in what seemed like one of my childhood friends' upstairs. And guess who was there? Onyx :) I remember thinking OH MY GOSH, SHE'S HERE! And even though I didn't have this overwhelming rush to greet her, I walked over to her as I would any day, picked her up and held her close. I remember nuzzling up to her, talking to her and petting her. I put her down and she didn't have any trouble walking or getting around, she was jumping up on things - like she did when she was healthy. It was so wonderful to see! She was so independent and didn't need my help. (As the hubby and I would often lift her up on the couch or bed) And I remember looking at her, looking back at me almost as if she were saying "see, I'm fine."
My friend Molly just said to me, "she'll come to you in your dreams." And she did. The past couple of nights I've been scared to sleep because I felt guilty for not thinking about her; however now, it's something I'll look forward to.

2 comments:

angie said...

how cool! dreams can be such a blessing. :)

Jolene said...

This is so beautiful... I'm glad you had this experience to help you start to take the first steps in moving on.

Thanks for sharing!