Monday, March 24, 2008

Fearless Minnesotans

Despite the weather, mom, my hubby and I, decided to dive head first into the adventure of driving to North Dakota for the holiday weekend, leaving Saturday morning instead of Friday night thinking the roads would be better. The drive was very much worth seeing the family and some that I haven't seen in years, not to mention new homes I haven't seen in 10! But I must add that the drive wasn't really as calm it sounds when you just say "drive." Maybe I could rather describe it as the rollercoaster ride you go on that doesn't have the over-the-shoulders padded harness and you feel you will be thrown from the cart at any given moment? Yup - that was us. I think my life flashed before my eyes about 10 times as mom whipped by the semi trucks to pass in the "slushy lane" - you know, the slush that pulls your tires INTO it and ever so lovingly has the tendency to whip your car into the ditch? Nothing stops my mom when it comes to visiting family - not that it would have stopped me either, but I would have accepted that I had to follow the "blue hair" in front of me that was going 40 in a 65.

My mom is a Fearless Minnesotan.

But, never-the-less, we got there safe..........and then had liquor for lunch.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Oh my gosh! I had to read the end before I could finish the middle! LOL! Glad you all made it there okay and glad you made it home okay!

Happy Easter Monday

p.s. your tips made the pickle wraps turn out great! In fact, I think I may even make them again sometime just for the kiddos.

angie said...

YIKES!!! glad you made it there and back, safe and sound. :)