The BEFORE picture: Since I didn't take a "before" picture, I did this drawing the best I could to show what the living room USE to look like. (Granted this 'view' is better than the pics of the "after" because the angle is wider) But it gets the general idea across.
The wall color was New Brick. Complete with: A silver framed mirror; a silver sconce on each side; two drink paintings (one martini, the other cosmopolitan); and two black shelves with oil bottles of different colors and a silver collage frame of black and white photos.
The AFTER picture: Below is the ever so gorgeous collection of "after" photos!
This is how the wall to the right looks, now. No more black shelves. Mahogany shelves with a cube and two framed pictures that I took. In the "Zoomed" shot of the pics, the left is from our honeymoon and the right is from the Como Zoo. And the tan color around the frames is the actual color of the wall. In the first pic, the flash sort of flushed out the "tan" :)
The next pic is how the left of the wall looks. (Hubby wanted to be a part of it - ha!) We have a beautiful floral picture with candle sconces on each side with cracked glass. LOVE THEM!
This next pic is of the new sheer curtains that I bought. The curtains that were there previously, were plaid with blue, red and white. Yeah - they were SCREAMING to be thrown away. And the wall that they're up against, is exactly the color "red" that the main wall USE to be :) So you can see how different it looks now :)
I also got ambitious (while editing the pictures of the flowers), to finally fill in the picture frame in our bedroom with some wedding pics and honeymoon pics I took.
Below is the final result - it will be hung above the bed :)
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice job you guys!!!!! That looks fantastic and oh-so-perfectly you!
I love that you hung your pictures in there. And the wedding/honeymoon series is just gorgeous.
Also - totally impressed with the paint-drawn "before" look. You are soooo in the wrong business :)
oh my gosh, beautiful beautiful beautiful! nice work. :)
I know this comment is late...but I love what you did to your house. I especially love the wedding picture frame and the kitchen wall near the sliding glass door. The wall color is great.
Post a Comment