Have any of you bought an article of clothing, that even though it didn't quite fit as you would LIKE it to....... you still bought it because you felt you really needed it? The reason I ask is because I bought a shirt a while ago that I thought was adorable and it's a color I don't have yet. It's also a work shirt. (always need more of those). To backtrack a little, I often have troubles with tops that are either too tight on my upper arms (am I THAT muscular? LOL! kidding) or they button a LITTLE TOO SNUG across my chest (making it look as though the button will pull off at any moment). And while wearing it, you think to yourself, "Did I REALLY think I'd enjoy wearing this?"
I'm wearing this "type" of shirt today. Wore it out of desperation because I honestly have NOTHING I like to wear anymore. This lovely purchase of mine (beginning to think it would look better as a tank-top), is a shirt that if I stretch my arms out, I'm almost positive I'm about to have a "fat guy in a little coat" episode and the buttons... yeah - I'm surprised they're still on. I am SO uncomfortable because it's not the relaxing fit I USUALLY look for. I only have a couple hours left of torture, and then I'll be free.
I think this "syndrome" is in the same category as why you buy a pair of shoes for how 'cute' they are, instead of the comfort. And even though you know your toes will bleed, blister, go numb, or a toenail may fall off, you still wear those shoes with PRIDE knowing how cute they must look.........Hoping you're not leaving a trail of blood to exhibit evidence of your not-so-smart purchase.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
5 comments:
oh gosh! this is funny!!!!!!
when you next wash the shirt, move it directly to the "donate bin." do not pass go.
do not reattempt.
do not think twice.
kiss it goodbye. go shopping and find something else in the same color that you can love wholly :)
I strongly disagree. Keep the shirt! Wear it with pride. The next time you sneeze...it will be like I am married to the hulk LOL!
are you hoping she'll sneeze by you? and then she can bust her buttons open for you too??? hmm.... i can see why he really wants you to keep it now! he gets hot for you when you're wearing it. plus he gets to do those cute peek-a-boo through the blouse glances.
LOL! Yup, I got a little peek-a-boo window right now. But I always wear two layers so sorry everyone, show's been canceled. LOL!
Boo! That is the only way I get a sneak peak. Thanks for wrecking it for me. She will be wearing sweaters for the rest of the summer now.
I guess I am back to tying her shoes together.
Post a Comment