Sunday, April 27, 2008

Memorial

I finally finished my shadow box for my precious kitty, Onyx. Here are some pictures of it. The first is the "whole" thing of course and then I zoomed in and broke it down into three pieces so you could see the pics a little better. The yellow flower was given to me on my honeymoon for my birthday and I decided that since I had Onyx pose with the flower so much, that I'd now dedicate it to her :) So I clipped off the head of the flower and put it in her shadow box as well.





The following is a poem that my dear friend 'bean' wrote:

GOODBYE MY JEWEL, MY ONYX

Emerald eyes and a gleaming fur coat. The queen of Sheba, some might quote.

You lived a charmed life, well-cared for, well-loved, A gift, some might say, sent from above.

Though illness and age caught up at last, Your spirit and dignity were not left in the past.

You braved through the trials, you gave it your all, but all the love in the world could not stop the fall.

We say goodbye 'cause we must, Our hearts broken through and through.

Goodbye precious Onyx, Goodbye precious jewel.

8 comments:

Jolene said...

It turned out beautiful!

You doing okay? I'm sure it was very bittersweet to work through.

SteelerWife said...

It was hard to put it together, cried a lot :( But I got it done and I was happy I actually did it. Do these pictures look really dark? They always look SO different on my home PC and then when I see them here (at work) they're super dark! ??

SteelerWife said...

There, I lightened the pictures a little bit :)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. What a nice dedication to Onyx. The poem is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Nicely done hunny! I miss meow meow face!

angie said...

so beautiful lyss!! it's an awesome tribute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that poem is so lovely. I love your shadow box too! Onyx was so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love how Jeff called her "Meow Meow face." So cute :D