Friday, May 16, 2008

For a good time, call Merriam-Webster

The online version of course :)
Maybe it's my lack of sleep or maybe from the gallon of Parmesan Goldfish crackers I just ate, but there's something about going to an online dictionary, looking up a funny word and clicking on the speaker icon to listen to the computer pronounce it. LOL!

I just did it to egad because honestly, I've never known what it meant OR how to correctly spell it. And in the process of discovering the correct spelling, I thought, "hmm.... I wanna HEAR IT!" So I clicked the speaker thingie and I was entertained for a few minutes by reclicking the speaker. **crying I'm laughing so hard!** Should I be concerned that this is completely tickling me right now?

It also reminded me of a time when my dear friend Bean worked here with me and we looked up the word DORK. Listening to the computer say Dork was BEYOND ENTERTAINING! We were laughing so hard!!!!

I highly recommend doing this little "exercise" the next time you're bored people - and um... be sure you've either just had a LOT of sugar or you're sleep deprived - it helps.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

that is fun!

angie said...

hehe once upon a time (two apartments ago) dave and i sat back to back with our computers, IMing each other with the "voice" option on. words like "butt" are funny too.