Thursday, May 22, 2008

I can't handle the truth

I needed creamer. Didn't have time to go to the big grocery store, but DID have time to stop by the gas station on the way to the bus stop yesterday. It's a fairly new gas station and large (much like the big ol' Holiday stations) and I figured they'd have creamer (heck, they carry fruit!) Well, my only choices were between Nature's Touch "non-dairy" French Vanilla creamer or International Delight French Vanilla. I do NOT like International Delight so, I grabbed the Nature's Touch one. Also taking notice that the Int'l Delight was $2.69 and the other, $1.59 (or something to that degree). No contest right? So I hope and pray all the way to work that I actually LIKE this creamer and I don't just end up ruining my coffee.

Today is the day I actually tried this coffee creamer. So... being that it's "nondairy," my friend Jude asked what was exactly in it. So I read the ingredients to her and after twisting my tongue and losing an eye trying to pronounce some of the words, I read, "Sodium Caseinate (Milk)."

**crickets**

They're lies!!!!! ALL LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. "Nature" did not "choose" the best creamer to sell

3 comments:

Kelli said...

what do you have against International Delight???!!!! It's so much better than the other guys!

SteelerWife said...

I don't know, just tastes funny to me. I'm a dedicated Coffee Mate customer :)

Jolene said...

I totally agree with Kelli on this one. I.D. is way better than that other stuff.

Also - creamer in general is scary. I've basically switched to milk. Or, even scarier, started to drink it black! Eeks!